Experienced, Effective Condominium Counsel
DSFM has more than 40 years' experience in condominium law and serves as legal counsel to hundreds of condominium corporations in Ontario. We use this experience to help our clients focus on the essential elements of complex legal problems and find the most suitable solutions for their communities, each of which is unique.
Our practice covers the full range of issues that condominium corporations deal with on a regular basis, such as issues concerning condominium management, meetings and procedures.
Among the services we provide are:
- Opinions on the Condominium Act, 1998 (as amended) and the corporation's declaration, by-laws, rules and shared facilities or reciprocal agreements
- Enforcement of the Condominium Act, 1998 (as amended) and the declaration, by-laws, rules and shared facilities or reciprocal agreements
- Review and preparation of condominium by-laws and rules
- Review and preparation of contracts between the condominium and third parties and advice on contract negotiations
- Collection of arrears of common expenses and shared costs and lien enforcement
DSFM can also assist your condominium board in dealing with issues that, while not unique to condominium corporations, affect them nonetheless. For example, we routinely act on behalf of condominiums in construction deficiency matters and Tarion warranty claims; disputes arising under the Human Rights Code (Ontario); employment law and labour relations matters; municipal planning issues; and disputes arising under the Construction Lien Act (Ontario).